Dementia and its associated conditions can create a unique set of challenges to a successful daily dining experience. Not all foods are tolerated and tastes change. Perhaps, being able to sit for three complete meals is no longer a realistic expectation. We understand the need to be flexible and that’s why we have created our Compassionate Cuisine experience.
How do we achieve this dining experience?
- We understand that the interests, abilities, and needs of each resident are constantly changing and our dining techniques must realistically address these changes.
- We have implemented a 3+3 Dining approach. 3+3 Dining provides three daily nutritious sit down meals along with three creative handheld foods that can be enjoyed in addition to or in place of, our daily meals. This allows each resident to maintain a healthy diet, while eating on their own schedule.
- A calm dining atmosphere that promotes concentration.
- Adaptive utensils to assist with dexterity issues.
- A commitment to serve and present many needed diet modifications with dignity.